The Grant Rule Trust: Statement of Objectives
The Grant Rule Trust cultivates inclusive communities through :
1. Advocating the value of natural and cultural heritage; sustainability; and balanced power.
The Trust promotes the measurement of wealth not just in economic terms, but in terms of multiple capital flows, including social, intellectual, and natural capital. (See website for more details). When making choices about who we are and what we aspire to be, people need to understand how to safeguard things of true value to themselves and their fellow creatures. Sustainable societies understand the history and environment that has made them what they are, so they are better able to make informed decisions about how they shape their future.
2. Challenging preconceptions; barriers to communication; and ignorance
Dogma, prejudice, fear and ignorance (aka arrogance) create most of the problems which bedevil human societies. The Trust seeks to counter dogma with reason; prejudice with dialogue, fear with understanding and ignorance with knowledge in whatever ways we can.
3. Empowering creativity and engagement
The Trust seeks to support entrepreneurial leadership, sustainable management, and lifelong learning that gives people the space and the confidence to contribute fully to society.
4. Realising individual potential
Humans are amazing creatures, but fear of disapproval, lack of confidence and lack opportunity (and/or money) often put us in straitjackets that prevent us becoming the wonderful people we were meant to be. The Trust seeks to help people pursue their own dreams and discover their true talents.
The Trust will:
– Raise money and give grants <click here for information on our financial capital>
– Build networks <click here for information on our social capital>
– Organise and support activities <click here for news>
– Share knowledge <click here for blog>
– Promote sustainability <see partners>